Da Xuan is a Daoist tradition of practices and philosophy for the complete development of the human being.
The tradition has preserved and transmitted its practices from generation to generation for more than 1500 years. While being Chinese in origin, this rich and unique approach is specifically non-cultural and non-religious. It is concerned with the development of human qualities, and as such is open to anyone of any culture or belief.
I will be presenting a full day workshop on the practices of the Da Xuan Daoist tradition. This workshop will cover the fundamental practices of the tradition, giving new participants an opportunity to begin a personal practice and existing students a time to go deeper into what they have been practicing and learn more exercises.
Mind, Body, Breath – Fundamental Practices of Da Xuan Daoism
The Da Xuan tradition has a unique approach to developing the full capacities of the human being. We consider the physical body, the breath/circulation and the mind to be of equal importance. Each aspect is trained separately and thoroughly in isolation, only recombining them once each part has been perfected to a degree.
This workshop will introduce the fundamental practices of our tradition:
- developing united strength by repairing weak links
- improving coordination by feeling where we are in space and the direction we are moving in
- letting go so our weight can sink to the ground giving us a solid base
- how all of these practices combine to let us relax deeply while keeping our structure and strength
- confronting reality: partner practices to test our qualities
- mobilizing the circulation with static postures and qigong exercises for increased vitality
- heating the centre: breathing for internal alchemy
- relaxing and focusing the mind
The exercises are designed for longevity and so are simple and restorative. They work equally well for the athletic and sedentary, drawing from 1,500 years of experience working with thousands of students. All are welcome and no particular skills or capacities are necessary.
Saturday 14th September 2019
Morning Section: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch (not provided): 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Afternoon Section: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
About the Venue:
BODY BEING is a private venue in the northern suburbs of Canberra, operated by the wonderful Amber. She does lots of cool workshops so if you’re in the area it’s worth touching base with her! You can find her website by CLICKING HERE.
The entrance to the studio is at the garage next to the house, please do not use the front door. The studio is a barefoot studio so please leave your shoes outside.
What to Bring:
– notepad & pen
– comfortable loose clothing
– any cushions or mats you need to sit comfortably
Early Bird: $180 (until 7th September)
Normal Price: $230
If you need to pull out, please contact Craig directly to arrange a refund. Refunds are not available after 10:00 pm on 7th September (Sydney Time).
Please register using the form below: